Wednesday 28 April 2010

Refashioned pyjamas

Following a frenzy of sewing activity this week (spurred on no doubt by the giant leap forward of actually posting an entry on my sewing blog), may I present one of my latest projects:

Eva's Pyjama Trousers
As you can probably tell Eva loves them, and is snuggled up in bed wearing them right now.  I used a pattern from the gorgeous Heather Ross book Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching
although I had to scale it down somewhat to fit a toddler. 

I think I may applique a little of the leftover shirt fabric onto a plain t-shirt to make a matching top when I get chance.

These pyjamas have literally cost me nothing in materials - the elastic was taken from an old pair of pyjamas, and even the grosgrain ribbon trim at the bottom of the legs had been saved from a gift wrapping.  Ultimate recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails