Thursday 20 May 2010

Chicken Festival Oilcloth Apron

You never quite know where an eBay addiction will lead you next.  I came across this "Chicken Festival" oilcloth remnant by chance a few weeks ago and took an immediate fancy to it.

I put off tackling my intended project for a while though having not sewn with oilcloth before, but it was surprisingly easy once I actually got going.

I used grosgrain ribbon for the the straps, folding the ribbon so that I was sewing it to itself on either side of the oilcloth for strength.  Paperclips rather than pins were used to keep the bias binding around the pocket in place while I stitched it to avoid making extra holes in the fabric.
The apron has passed its test run with flying colours, and frankly was instrumental in producing some delicious Lemon Shortbreads.
And if ever you're holding a Chicken Festival you'll be sure to invite me now, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails